Monday, July 05, 2004

The Pirates have won 10 games in a row. I don't even have a line here; I just want it noted for the record. Of course, they'll have to get to 16 straight to get to .500.

So at work we have a major motion due on Friday. Imagine the equivalent of having a nasty term paper due, except it's already kinda overdue, it's 50 pages long but with over 10,000 pages of exhibits, and if you don't get it done and done well, someone might die. Yeah, that's kinda what we're facing right now. That's a tad overstated, but just a tad. So we're doing crazy things such as, in my case, getting to work at 6:30 a.m. so you can leave at 1 on a national holiday.

The reason I left at 1 was to see my buddy Frank, with whom I had plans to go to the races at Hollywood Park. Hollywood Park is a great place to go if you like horses and/or losing a lot of money in a short amount of time. Also, the horse track is one of the few places left where it's socially acceptable to litter, so, you know, GTs.

Finally, Eric Gagne's streak is now over at 84 games. I was at one of those 84, and a Gagne appearance at Dodger Stadium really is electric. I've always said that all the best closers and AWA wrestlers are Gagnes. Anyway, if nothing else, the streak has give us a really frightening-ass logo. (Scroll down--the "Game Over" one. No, not Duaner Sanchez.)

No comments: