Friday, July 15, 2005

Corn, Cheese, and Other Misdemeanors

I was in Tom's car the other night and he had a CD called "Corn and Cheese" playing. It was a fun mix, with the added bonus where I had one of those moments where I linked up a song that I knew to hear with a title and artist that I knew, but didn't know what song they went with--in this case, Nilsson's "Without You." Thusly inspired, I put together for Tom a cheese collection of my own, and while I was at it, I also put together something called "Best of Joe's Computer" as a sampler of music that I have that I non-ironically enjoy. Here are the playlists for the curious:

Cheese:

  1. Heartaches, The Marcels*
  2. Long Arm of the Law, Kenny Rogers
  3. Rock Me Gently, Andy Kim
  4. Donna the Prima-donna, Dion
  5. Concrete and Clay, Unit 4+2*
  6. Sweet Pea, Tommy Roe
  7. Indian Lake, The Cowsills*
  8. Tell Laura I Love Her, Ritchie Valens
  9. Can't Fight That Feeling, REO Speedwagon
  10. I've Never Been To Me, Charlene
  11. Pop Goes The World, Men Without Hats*
  12. Johnny Get Angry, k.d. lang (live on SNL)
  13. Don't You Want Me Baby?, Human League
  14. Long Haired Lover From Liverpool, Little Jimmy Osmond
  15. Teenage Dirtbag, Wheatus
  16. Joey, Concrete Blonde*
  17. Wingman, Coors Light commercial
  18. Are You Ready For The Sex Girls?, Gleaming Spires
  19. Red Rubber Ball, The Cyrkle
  20. Goody Two Shoes, Adam Ant
  21. Into The Night, Benny Mardonis
  22. Indian Giver, 1910 Fruitgum Company
  23. Forever Young, Alphaville

Best of:
  1. What's Left of the Flag, Flogging Molly
  2. Murder (Or a Heart Attack), Old 97's
  3. Battle of Who Could Care Less, Ben Folds Five
  4. Atlantic City, Bruce Springsteen
  5. July July, The Decemberists
  6. 36-24-36, Violent Femmes*
  7. Veronica, Elvis Costello
  8. Leave The Biker, Fountains of Wayne
  9. Man In Black, Johnny Cash
  10. Telstar, Laika & the Cosmonauts
  11. Shitloads of Money, Liz Phair
  12. Santeria, Sublime
  13. Satellite of Love, Lou Reed
  14. Song Against Sex, Neutral Milk Hotel
  15. What Do All the People Know?, The Monroes*
  16. Run, Baby, Run, Sheryl Crow
  17. Gun, Uncle Tupelo
  18. Bottle of Wine, Jimmy Gilmer*
  19. We Threw Gasoline on the Fire and Now We Have Stumps for Arms and No Eyebrows, NOFX
  20. Stuff, MU330
  21. Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner, Warren Zevon
  22. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots pt. 1, Flaming Lips
  23. Ellen and Ben, Dismemberment Plan

(*) indicates a song that would fit equally well on either disc.

No comments: