Thursday, November 27, 2003

We've already had my favorite Thanksgiving tradition this morning--the traditional visit from the Korean Jehovah's Witnesses. They were kind of surprised to encounter white residents in the building. Let me tell you, it's not the greatest ego boost when Jehovah's Witnesses come to your door and then don't really want to talk to you. I guess it's not so bad when that's due to language barrier.

Thanksgiving dinner is being half-made here and half-made at the person who is hosting it, and the turkey is among the things being made here. Jeff's girlfriend is doing most of the work, but there's a window during the early afternoon where I'll be here alone and will be responsible for the basting. I know this isn't the world's biggest responsibility or anything, but I've seen enough Thanksgiving episodes of sitcoms to smell trouble afoot.

No comments: