Tuesday, October 11, 2005

So where were we?

  • Blue failed to Go. Ugh. College football suckitude apparently follows me around, with the upside that it seems to get better when I leave. At least we have a chance to knock off The Devil Himself this weekend.
  • The note deadline has been postponed, although I think I'm on to a topic. It's not exactly cocktail party fodder, but the class I'm loving this term is Secured Transactions, and it looks like I'm going to write about the affects of a provision of Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code. Trust me, you really don't want to hear more.
  • The concerts were great. The contrast was particularly fascinating to me--seats in the 200-level for Foo/Weezer on Friday vs. no farther than 25 feet from any band member or 6 feet from the gigantic speakers at any point on Saturday. At least today I can only notice the ears still ringing if I'm somewhere especially quiet. Still, the New P*rn*grapers were tremendous, and I also enjoyed the previous two acts, which were, well, various incarnations of New P*rn*graphers and their ilk. Even opening act Gerudo (whose next gig is listed as: "Abe's basement") were entertaining in their own way--their own way including internal disagreement about how to pronounce "Gerudo" (hard or soft G).
  • Sometime last Thursday afternoon, it very abruptly became fall here, going from about 75 degrees to about 50 in a few hours, and it seems to be permanently. At least this means we've been getting hot cider at the dining hall.
  • I know the quiz-bowl types who read this already know about this, but for the rest of you, the Arcata, California, police blotter is an endless source of amusement.

No comments: