Thursday, July 22, 2004

A couple of links that have come my way lately from non-bloggers (thanks Chris and Kristan!)

Trojan Heisman hype has started. Well, sort of.

This year's Bulwer-Lytton results are in. Personally, I preferred the runner-up.

So the brief I carried to San Francisco two weeks ago was part of a cross-filing. When you file a motion, generally there's the initial filing, then an Opposition brief by the other side, and then your Reply to the Opposition. But, as I said two sentences ago, this was a cross-filing, so both sides filed motions, both sides have to oppose the other side's motion, and both sides have to reply. Our Opposition is due tomorrow, which meant by 7 p.m. tonight to avoid flying it. We made it by about 12 minutes. The Reply is due next Friday.

Basically, even though I've mentally checked out, I haven't been able to totally check out. But I'm getting there.

Also, it's worth noting that if you ever need documents through the Freedom of Information Act, good freakin' luck. That's about all I can say, but trust me, it's true.

No comments: