Saturday, June 25, 2005

There's no question that the best thing about Southern California weather as compared to Midwest weather is the lack of snow. Hands down. I may not have felt that way before I owned a car, but since then it's absolutely clear. After that, it's a virtual tie for second place. I could make a strong case for the long dry season--in L.A., you never worry that anything you have to do in the summer will be cancelled or affected by rain. You can be pretty sure it won't.

However, at the moment my candidate for #2 is the lack of humidity. Particularly as a large person, humidity can be the bane of my existence in the summer. Yesterday was a great example; my regular schedule gives me Fridays and Sundays off. However, I had to go to the laundromat and the supermarket in addition to the gym, so I was running around all day anyway. When I finished my errands around 6, I sat down and put on the TV, with the distinct plan of going out around 10. Instead, I just sat, slouched and eventually lay down and basically just swooned all night. I never did make it back out of my apartment. I really hope that story's not repeated over and over again for the next 2 months, but I have my suspicions.

No comments: