Friday, January 30, 2004

Question: If you could make one relatively small change to a fast food restaurant, what would it be? I'm not talking something like, "I hate Wendy's--they should all close, or burn," but more subtle things.
Here's my list:

  • KFC: All KFCs would be required to carry Mean Greens as a side, not just the ghetto KFCs.
  • McDonald's: You'd think I'd go with Shamrock Shakes year-round, but then they wouldn't be special. But I would go with maybe three months spaced out--say March, July, and November. Oh, and again, they wouldn't be optional.
  • In 'n' Out Burger: Add some sort of pickle product--either slices or relish. A stunning absence from an otherwise great product. Also, instead of giving you the salt packet, they'd just salt the damn fries.
  • Arby's: Easy one--go back to RC.
  • Taco Bell: I'd add something under 50 grams of fat per serving to the menu.
  • Carl's Jr.: Stop putting mayo on everything. Oh, and stop selling the half-pound burger with mayo and cheese as "health food" because it's low-carb because you wrapped it in lettuce instead of a bun.
  • Long John Silver's: Facilitate the long-awaited name alteration to include "Dong".
  • Burger King: You know, I can't think of anything. I don't like BK that much, but I can't think of anything I'd change about the things I do like.
  • Burger Chef: Resurrect from the dead. I don't remember much from when I was 4, but I remember being really upset that Burger Chef died. Not that I could even tell you why anymore...

No comments: