Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Round 3 answers:

1. “No more flippin' burgers, puttin' on my silly hat you know, I don't want that no more.”
--Sell Out, Reel Big Fish
2. “There he stood in the night, knowing what’s wrong from what’s right.”
--Brother Louie, Stories
3. “Maybe it's the way you touch me with the warmth of a sun; Maybe it's the way you smile, and I come all undone.”
--When I’m With You, Sheriff
4. “You've made me acknowledge the devil in me, I hope to God I'm talkin' metaphorically.”
--A Girl Like You, Edwyn Collins
5. “So hold me, Mom, in your long arms. Your petrochemical arms. Your military arms. In your electronic arms.”
--O Superman (for Massenet), Laurie Anderson
6. “Oh how she rocks, in Keds and tube socks, but she don’t know who I am.”
--Teenage Dirtbag, Wheatus
7. “So I broke North with no delay, I heard she moved real far away; that was two years ago this May.”
--Girls, Beastie Boys
8. “The crowd roared as they started the race, ‘round the track they drove at a deadly pace.”
--Tell Laura I Love Her, Ritchie Valens
9. “Cause there's a million better bands with a million better songs, singers who can drum and singers who can sing.”
--We’re Not Gonna Make It, POTUSA
10. “Give me back my point of view 'cause I just can't think for you. I can hardly hear you say: What should I do?”
--Look What You’ve Done, Jet
11. “For days and nights they battled the Bantu to their knees, they killed to earn their living and to help out the Congolese.”
--Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner, Warren Zevon
12. “I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in; I watched myself crawlin’ out as I was a-crawlin’ in.”
--Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In), Kenny Rogers and the First Edition
13. “Every time I wonder where the world went wrong, end up lying on my face going ‘ringy dingy ding dong.’ And every time I wonder if the world is right, end up in some disco dancin' all night.”
--Pop Goes The World, Men Without Hats
14. “I kind of like the Beatles, so I headed for Las Vegas only made it out to Needles.”
--Never Been To Spain, Three Dog Night
15. “When winter came, I just wanted to go; deep in the desert, I longed for the snow.”
--Still The One, Orleans
16. “It took a lot for you to not lose your faith in this world. I can't offer you proof,but you're going to face a moment of truth.”
--A Matter of Trust, Billy Joel
17. “I even let you watch the shows you want to see because you married me, married me, married me.”
--Anything, Anything, Dramarama
18. “I can’t really help it if my tongue’s all tied in knots; jumping off a bridge, it’s just the farthest that I’ve ever been.”
--Follow You Down, Gin Blossoms
19. “No, I don't listen to their wasted lines; got my eyes wide open and I see the signs”
--They Don’t Know, Tracey Ullman
20. “Fawn, Jo and Tootsie are out on a wire; lettuce-toothed junkies all full of desire.”
--Meanwhile Rick James, Cake
21. “Slowly learning that life is OK. Say after me: It's no better to be safe than sorry.”
--Take On Me, A-ha
22. “Yeah we'll show her what it's all about. We'll get her jacked up on some cheap champagne, we'll let the good times all roll out.”
--Take Your Mama Out, Scissor Sisters
23. “He said he heard about a couple living in the USA, he said they traded in their baby for a Chevrolet.”
--Elvis Costello, Less Than Zero
24. “I've forgotten what food tastes like, the way it tastes right, the taste buds taste, right?”
--I’m Shakin’, Rooney
25. “God speed all the bakers at dawn, may they all cut their thumbs, and bleed into their buns 'till they melt away.”
--New Slang, The Shins

No comments: