Thursday, September 08, 2005

So I'm hitting here in the lobby of the Westin Century Plaza, which is a very nice place by the standards of all the hotels I've ever stayed in, which is not that high a standard. My first interviews went fine, as far as I can tell. They have a lot to offer, and I will be perfectly content if I end up working here. How they compare to other places? We'll see. I will say that there are at least 3 other U-M law students at the hotel, all of whom interviewing with a firm I really wish I'd gotten an interview with. But that's neither here nor there.

The sky is impossibly blue. I spent an hour lounging in and around the pool and spa, and it was heaven. I'm also remembering, though, that an afternoon is remarkably hard to kill here without a car. But there's free wireless in the lobby, so here I am.

I forget whether or not I mentioned DEK's and my new side project. This blog might suffer in favor of that one for a while, which I say mostly because every time I write that this blog is about to suffer, it seems to pick up again.

I made a last minute change to my class schedule, so I'm back to Secured Transactions, First Amendment, and Enterprise Organizations. The first two are taught by dynamic, interesting teachers I really like, which should help me through the fact that I'm in back-to-back-to-back classes. The jury's still out on the last one, but it's an absolute core class I can't be without.

Santa Monica tomorrow, and then a red-eye back to Michigan in time for the Notre Dame game...

No comments: