Wednesday, March 26, 2003

After three days of working downtown and commuting over three hours a day I would expect to be wearing down a little bit from it. This is not the case at all. I am totally invigorated by a couple of things--being back in a real, honest-to-goodness professional environment, and being downtown. I've been walking around town during lunch hours and on the occasional work-related errand, and I am finally really learning downtown Pittsburgh. I'm starting to understand which streets go where, what's on them, and where certain landmarks I've always known about but never actually seen are. More than that, though, the city (not Pittsburgh, per se, but the abstraction "the city") is in my blood and has been for a long time, and being immersed in it every day again has given me a vitality that's been missing for a while. Now, Friday morning after I stay up for Pitt's Sweet Sixteen game, I may be singing a different tune, but that's a different matter altogther. Right now, I'm just glad to finally be in a place where I can be at least a little bit content, at least for a little bit.

No comments: