Wednesday, March 12, 2003

It looks like I'll be back to work next week one way or the other. Another temp position opened up at Cal U, so I may go back there, or I may have a paralegal assignment in downtown Pittsburgh. I'm hoping for the latter, but we'll see.

As a follow-up to Sunday's extended ramblings, I searched for other mentions of the "California falling into the ocean" myth and tracked down what appears to be its origin, or at least the place where my mother picked up on it. It is a prediction by one of America's leading historical nutjobs, Edgar Cayce. By the way, I spent a good bit of time playing around on skepdic.com after finding the above link, and I have to say it's an absolute treasure trove of information to combat a lot of silly, foolish ideas that float around in our culture. Hell, something like one-third of the entries have to do with things believed at one time or another by at least one of my parents.

No comments: