Wednesday, May 28, 2003

My connectivity and I are both briefly off of hiatus. I am back in Beallsville for about 18 hours or so after the five-day Long Beach Island trip. The weather was pretty crappy. For instance, I was a block and a half from the beach, and I went there once, for about ten minutes. The company was good, however, even if the Jersey Kosioreks are no relation to this guy. And the weekend's extensive drinking was highlighted by the awesome Hudson House bar and two semi-legitimate after-hours forays into the local yacht club with 12-packs of Natty Light, the second of which included my first game of speed quarters in I couldn't tell you how long.

Oh yeah, and in case you don't get Club Top Five, the history of the Internet link posted there today was excellent. If I ever talk at any length about Garfield here, please feel free to call shenanigans on me.

Finally, if you ever find yourseld on the east side of Lancaster, PA, around lunchtime and are not in the mood for the local cuisine of sauerbraten, shoo-fly pie, et al, you could do much worse than to eat at the Star Buffet on Route 30. I've eaten at many Chinese buffets across America, and this was one of my favorites.

No comments: