Sunday, March 19, 2006

Here's the short version of my last four days: basketball, basketball, alcohol, food, basketball, basketball, morning drinking (St. Patrick's Day), basketball, basketball, this post. OK, actually that's the medium-length version.

This post plus its comments pretty much sums up the downside. I will say that the group I was with actually liked the Sonic commercials, but otherwise pretty much agree. One special highlight was when someone figured out that "Alan" in the Midas commercial with Fred Flintstone is the same actor as the Sonic tot-smacker. Also, the Southwest commercials didn't really seem to fit the "Wanna get away" motif, particularly the exploding ball one. I also had a hard time convincing people that How I Met Your Mother is actually a good show based on the ads.

Finally, yes, very bitter, let us never speak of it again.

No comments: