Tuesday, May 11, 2004

I realized this weekend that I've basically been coming home and playing on the Internet for hours, then going to bed most weeknights for a number of months. Don't get me wrong, I love you all, but it occurred to me that pulling some extra overtime at work might be (literally) a more valuable use of some of that time. So instead of leaving at 5 the last two nights, I've gotten out a 7 and 6:30, and I imagine the pattern will continue as long as I can put up with the extra Ed time. (He managed to say less than 25 words to me in 3 hours this morning and still had me seething, but we'll save that for another time.) We have another one of our silly artificial deadlines coming up soon, so the extra time will be appreciated and productive too. (Even education has fewer silly arbitrary deadlines than law, but that's yet another one for another time.)

One practical upshot of all this is that I'm checking out various transportation options, since my bus becomes much less pleasant after 5--more crowded, and runs much less frequently. So I ventured, for the first time, onto the Metro Red line tonight, a.k.a. the L.A. subway. They've managed to accumulate an impressive amount of dank in a relatively small number of years of operation, but it's a smooth, quick ride to Western/Wilshire, and a short bus ride home from there. It's not as good as the direct bus ride if I can catch it quickly, but it beat the hell out of waiting more than 15 minutes in Pershing Square.

No comments: