Friday, February 25, 2005

Now that I'm officially on Spring Break!, I have a spare evening and so I thought I'd deliver my long-promised third lyrics quiz. The rules and guidelines:

  • These are randomly (sort of) chosen songs from the music on my computer.
  • No artists duplicated from quizzes 1 and 2, though there's one technicality there.
  • Because no artists are duplicated, the quiz skews towards artists for whom I have exactly one song on my computer.
  • Don't judge me.
  • If you have to satisfy your curiosity with a search engine, don't ruin it for everyone else.
  • Don't answer more than five until this has been up for at least 36 hours. Greg.
  • If you're looking for patterns, good freakin' luck.
  • Except that I did make sure this time that I would have had at least a good shot at all of them, so there aren't many deep album cuts, if any.
  • I'm not sure how frequently I'll be online over the next week, so don't panic if it takes me a while to update correct answers.
Good luck!


  1. “No more flippin' burgers, puttin' on my silly hat you know, I don't want that no more.” (Matt)
  2. “There he stood in the night, knowing what’s wrong from what’s right.” (Julie)
  3. “Maybe it's the way you touch me with the warmth of a sun; Maybe it's the way you smile, and I come all undone.” (Maribeth)
  4. “You've made me acknowledge the devil in me, I hope to God I'm talkin' metaphorically.” (Kristan)
  5. “So hold me, Mom, in your long arms. Your petrochemical arms. Your military arms. In your electronic arms.” (Julie)
  6. “Oh how she rocks, in Keds and tube socks, but she don’t know who I am.” (Kristan)
  7. “So I broke North with no delay, I heard she moved real far away; that was two years ago this May.” (Kristan)
  8. “The crowd roared as they started the race, ‘round the track they drove at a deadly pace.” (Greg/Brian)
  9. “Cause there's a million better bands with a million better songs, singers who can drum and singers who can sing.” (Greg)
  10. “Give me back my point of view 'cause I just can't think for you. I can hardly hear you say: What should I do?”
  11. “For days and nights they battled the Bantu to their knees, they killed to earn their living and to help out the Congolese.” (Julie)
  12. “I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in; I watched myself crawlin’ out as I was a-crawlin’ in.” (Bill)
  13. “Every time I wonder where the world went wrong, end up lying on my face going ‘ringy dingy ding dong.’ And every time I wonder if the world is right, end up in some disco dancin' all night.” (Matt)
  14. “I kind of like the Beatles, so I headed for Las Vegas only made it out to Needles.” (Brian)
  15. “When winter came, I just wanted to go; deep in the desert, I longed for the snow.”
  16. “It took a lot for you to not lose your faith in this world. I can't offer you proof, but you're going to face a moment of truth.” (Bill)
  17. “I even let you watch the shows you want to see because you married me, married me, married me.” (Kristan)
  18. “I can’t really help it if my tongue’s all tied in knots; jumping off a bridge, it’s just the farthest that I’ve ever been.” (Victoria)
  19. “No, I don't listen to their wasted lines; got my eyes wide open and I see the signs” (Greg) (Ullman, of course, off the the "You Broke My Heart in 17 Places" album)
  20. “Fawn, Jo and Tootsie are out on a wire; lettuce-toothed junkies all full of desire.”
  21. “Slowly learning that life is OK. Say after me: It's no better to be safe than sorry.” (Paul)
  22. “Yeah we'll show her what it's all about. We'll get her jacked up on some cheap champagne, we'll let the good times all roll out.”
  23. “He said he heard about a couple living in the USA, he said they traded in their baby for a Chevrolet.”
  24. “I've forgotten what food tastes like, the way it tastes right, the taste buds taste, right?”
  25. “God speed all the bakers at dawn, may they all cut their thumbs, and bleed into their buns 'till they melt away.”

No comments: