Monday, May 02, 2005

So this morning I was trying to psyche myself up for Torts, and I started in my room, listening to some Final Countdown. (Yes, I have been watching Arrested Development; save our Bluths!)

On the way over to breakfast and the exam, I was trying to come up with torts-appropriate music. I was having a surprisingly hard time. My roommate suggested "In The Air Tonight," which I learned from "Stan" of course was all about no affirmative duty to rescue. I couldn't do any better than that. I got to the room early, put on my headphones, and went to work in Windows Media Player, looking for any appropriate song I could find. Ultimately I only found one that was directly on-point: The Refreshments' "Suckerpunch".

I did, however, notice that while I didn't have many songs that were tortious in and of themselves, I found a number of songs that could easily lead to tortious situations:


  • Indian Giver, 1910 Fruitgum Company
  • Drive My Car, The Beatles
  • Brick, Ben Folds Five
  • A Matter of Trust, Billy Joel
  • I Go To Extremes, Billy Joel
  • Going Away to College, blink-182
  • Dancing in the Dark, Bruce Springsteen
  • My Best Friend's Girl, The Cars
  • Sparks, Coldplay
  • Screaming Infidelities, Dashboard Confessional
  • Blasphemous Rumours, Depeche Mode
  • In The Ghetto, Elvis Presley
  • This Fire, Franz Ferdinand
  • Bizarre Love Triangle, Frente
  • Every Time Two Fools Collide, Kenny Rogers
  • Shitloads of Money, Liz Phair
  • I'll Go Down Swinging, Exene Cervenka w/ Los Straitjackets
  • Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are, Meatloaf
  • Come Out and Play, The Offspring
  • Jagged, Old 97s
  • Such Great Heights, Iron and Wine/Postal Service
  • Someone Take the Wheel, The Replacements
  • Bales of Cocaine, Reverend Horton Heat
  • Wild Weekend, Rockin' Rebels
  • Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, Bryan Ferry
  • Runaway Trian, Soul Asylum
  • Somebody to Shove, Soul Asylum
  • Six Months In a Leaky Boat, Split Enz
  • Gun, Uncle Tupelo
  • Hitchin' A Ride, Vanity Fare
  • Hey Little Cobra, The Rip Chords
  • Ballroom Blitz, Sweet

    and of course...
  • Lawyers, Guns and Money, Warren Zevon

No comments: