Tuesday, February 07, 2006

So, yeah, how about that. I've never been more congratulated before for something I didn't actually, you know, do. But I'll take it.

This is not sour grapes, because this is great. But if your team in any sport is on the verge of a championship, I have some recommendations for you:

  • Gather with fellow fans, not neutrals, or your celebration will be comparatively muted.
  • Don't pick the week/day of the championship game to have a barely functioning or malfunctioning phone, as what remnants of the communal celebration you could have had will be lost.
  • Don't get "flu-like symptoms" the next day. OK, that goes for most any day, if you can help it.
  • Semi-related bonus tip: If you say to a group of women, "I don't know any guy who watches Grey's Anatomy, or any girl who doesn't," you're just asking for an argument.

No comments: