Wednesday, February 01, 2006

This is my last week on the crazy, hectic, accelerated-class schedule, and next week I get the extra bonus that one regular class isn't meeting at all, and another is cancelled on Monday. So instead of a 4-day week with 13 class periods (two 90-minute, one 2-hour, three 135-minute, seven 55-minute) this week, I have a 3-day week with 7 class periods (one 2-hour, three 55-minute, three 70-minute). In other words, it'll be a nice breather, and hopefully Sunday night and Monday will be spent celebrating, um, something.

But, of course, there are always bumps in the road. So one of the things I'll have to deal with is replacing my phone, which has decided to spontaneously shut off every time I hit two buttons in a row. Another will be getting my car looked at--on Sunday when I moved it from weekend parking to weekday parking, the check engine light was on the whole time, and every time I hit the gas pedal the speedometer would race up to 80-100 mph (even though I might be going, say, 7) and then flatline. There were also some random noises I can't quite recreate. Bottom line: well, I don't know, but I don't suspect any good can come of it.

This was the next-to-last day of South Africa--the class, not the country. As far as I know, anyway. It turned out to be more eventful than expected, as the Constitutional Court justice who co-teaches class was clearly not well, and then she fainted during lecture. She was eventually fine and was able to stick around after the paramedics came and checked her out, but it was a really bizarre moment. I think I probably had the same thoughts most people did: "Someone call 911!.....and possibly CNN!"

Not much more to add--if you need me, I'll probably be sitting here watching my "Steelers: The Complete History" DVDs for the next 90 hours or so...

No comments: