Thursday, February 27, 2003

Entries have been shorter lately not because I don't love my readers dearly, but because I have been spending all my free time at work (read: most of my time at work) putting together resumes and cover letters and whatnot. In the midst of a temp job it was psychologically very easy to settle in a bit, not worry so much about that sort of thing, and put off the real work of getting on with my life. Now that this particular assignment is approaching an end, I think something clicked in my head that said "get on with it!" So I am once again sending things out left and right to see what happens. Certain possibilities are intriguing, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high on any one job possibility.

The cryptic message yesterday, for those of you who didn't click through and are unfamiliar with Ms. Hart's work, was that I am starting to think seriously about moving back to Los Angeles. There are a number of reasons for this, but first and foremost is the fact that I have already decided that that's where I ultimately want to settle, and all the plans I've made and revised and abandoned over the last 8 months have been all about the question, "What should I do in the meantime until I can get back to L.A.?" So maybe the answer is to cut out the middleman. Barring a nice opportunity in Pittsburgh or DC in the next few months, unexpected expenses that prevent me from saving up, or yet another dither/waffle on my part, I suspect I will be in SoCal by the mid-to-late summer. Of course, my mind has changed so many times on all this that I wouldn't recommend placing your bets; this is just where my head is right this minute.

No comments: