Wednesday, February 05, 2003

This post reminded me that I hadn't seen my favorite poster of all time in a while. Also, if you enjoy Dave Barry columns, now you can make your own.

I have been reconnecting with a few people over the last several days, and I have applied for some jobs. Most notably, I am now trying to get hired at my alma mater, an idea that I have resisted for some time. However, they have posted a few jobs that interest me now if the price is right--specifically, there are some positions in academic advising that sound as if they could be interesting, and since they are looking for people with a master's I am hopeful that they will pay a little bit. Also, some of my old contacts from OAFA and the UHC have close ties there, so I may have an in. We shall see.

Also, I've finished the math section of my GRE class, and I'm not sure what to think. I thought everyone was doing OK, and then during the last session I gave them time to work individually and when we came back together it seemed as if they had forgotten most everything. I don't know whether to chalk that up to performance anxiety or lack of practice, but maybe it will at least convince them that they need to do their homework like I've been saying.

No comments: