Wednesday, April 02, 2003

The Beallsvonian does have an occasional serious side, and today we'd like it if you would all email our friend Bill and give him some money because he's walking this weekend for MS, and that's a great cause. (Actually, if I have this right, he's walking against MS, which come to think of it is a much better cause.) Every little bit helps--or at least I hope so, anyway, because I only gave a little bit. So if you do, tell him The Beallsvonian sent you.

I finished another book, though it's almost not worth mentioning. I read Tony Kornheiser's I'm Back For More Cash, which is a collection of Washington Post Sunday Living section columns. Kornheiser is a good writer, funny in a variety of ways ranging from very clever wordplay and reference humor but also with some real, well, Kornball humor--and he can also get serious, as he does in some of the columns about his father (who dies in the course of this run of columns) or his daughter (who goes off to college). For me, though, I'd rather get my dose of Mr. Tony through PTI or his radio show, which is clah-ssic.

No comments: