Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Two quick things I can't believe I forgot to post last night:
1. Maybe grad school didn't ruin me for life; maybe I was just born that way. Example: last Friday I came across a Dave Barry blog entry (the link for which is now broken, so I'll give this one instead) that contained the words "silly things" and "happening". As a result, for the next five hours--and intermittently ever since--I've had the theme song stuck in my head for a show I haven't seen in about 20 years. As Ben would tell me--SEEK HELP!! Then again, maybe it isn't just me.
2. Yesterday as I was walking into the building, I overheard a snippet of conversation between two security guards at the front desk. The older guy, who may be the other guy's boss, was saying to him in a stern lecturing kind of time, "You know, I've always thought of us as a good team. My weaknesses are your strengths and my strengths..." and then I was behind my little door. But I couldn't help but wondering what kind of strengths and weaknesses security guards who man a front desk could have. Is one guy good at making sure people sign in, but the other guy does a better job looking at the security monitor? One guy is always yelling at people entering the building for no good reason, while the other one actively encourages people to take weapons up to floor 21? What's the deal here?

No comments: