Monday, December 13, 2004

T-minus 10 hours and counting until my first exam. The first two exams both have "random" written all over them--the second one because we're not real sure what to expect, the first because we do know what to expect--carnage. The gist of discussion seems to be everyone pretty much gets everything, which would be fine if it weren't for that whole business about the curve. Issue-spotting will be essential; the people who spot a little more or a little less are going to find themselves on the extremes of the bell curve. Good times. I just hope my answer doesn't fall under the truly lame attempt doctrine*.

On the upside, I got my first interview for the summer today. Yay! Some people don't even get an interview, so I've at least overcome the first hurdle on my path toward summer solvency.

(*Our professor's term for a criminal attempt that is not punished because it had no conceivable chance of succeeding--such as not charging someone for attempted murder who hires a voodoo priest to perform a ritual that will kill their neighbor. And all you voodoo priests should go after the professor, not me, for this, because it's his example and because under this doctrine I didn't just attempt to solicit you to kill him. OK, clearly time for bed.)

No comments: