Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Here we go again with round two. No artists are repeated internally, and unless I screwed up, no artists are repeated from batch one. I think this set skews slightly older, for no good reason.

1. "Learn to ball a jack, learn to lay a track, learn to pick and shovel too."
2. "We got a lotta little teenage, blue-eyed groupies who'll do anything we say, we got a gen-you-ine Indian guru that's teachin' us a better way."

3. "Maybe she would like some food, asked my to untie her, a chase would be nice for a few."
4. "I can't choose it's too much to lose, my love's too strong; Wow! maybe if she would come back to me I can't be wrong."

5. "Your tongue is twisted, your eyes are slits, you need a guardian."
6. "They showed me where it was for the moment I didn’t know I was in for such an event. So I came to her room and opened the door--Oh, snap! guess what I saw? "
7. "His big hands were calloused, he looked like a mountain, for a minute I thought I was dead."
8. "I raised her head and then she smiled and said, 'Hold me darlin' for a little while.'"

9. "Other people like us, we gotta work, and there’s even some evil mothers, they’ll tell you that life is just made out of dirt."
10. "Boys lie too much, girls act too tough, enough is enough."
11. "It’s four o’clock in the morning, damn it, listen to me good. I’m sleeping with myself tonight."
12. "Big screen, kissing in a movie. God, you moved me around. We got seriously down."
13. "And I swore, I swore I would be true, and honey so did you. So why were you holding her hand?"
14. "I could stand to prove, if we can get around it, I know that it’s true."

15. "Poor men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be king, and a king ain’t satisfied till he rules everything."
16. "Well, Shakespeare, he's in the alley with his pointed shoes and his bells, speaking to some French girl who says she knows me well."
17. "Well they dug for their coal 'til the land was foresaken, and wrote it all down as the progress of man."
18. "And as I still walk on I think of the things we done together, while our hearts were young."
19. "I wrote this song two hours before we met, I didn't know your name or what you looked like yet."
20. "If there's one thing that makes me sick it's when someone hides behind politics."
21. "I said somebody's got to take care of him, so I quit school and that's what I did."
22. "You know I've seen a lot of what the world can do and it's breakin' my heart in two, cause I never wanna see you a sad, girl."

23. "So I'll sing you a new song, please don't cry anymore and then I'll ask your forgiveness, though I don't know just what I'm asking it for."
24. "All around I see the purple shades of evening, and on the ground the shadows fall and once again you're in my arms so tenderly."
25. "He's such a hairy behemoth she said, and dumb as a box of hammers, but he's such a handsome guy."

No comments: