Tuesday, January 11, 2005

UPDATE: Italics indicates a correct guess in the comments section (the first six nine 11 comments, as of the time of the update); bold italics indicates a near miss.

Following in the shoes of Craig and Maribeth, these lyrics are from random songs that popped up in Windows Media Player from among the music I have on my computer. I eliminated any repeats by the same artist and, for obvious reasons, instrumentals. Sorry, Classical Gas. Answer key to be posted at some point; guesses to be entered into comments by y'all in the meantime. Any mistake in the lyrics is my fault, and/or the fault of the lyrics page Google pointed me to.


  1. "Say hey Mr. Driver-man, don't be slow, cause I've got somewhere I've gotta go."
  2. "Shiny hair that's my life ambition but I'll devote my time to a new omission the rizzle-razzle kitsch of paranoid city."
  3. "And how can you ever be repaid? How may I give you a hand from the position at your feet where I stand?"
  4. "If there's been a way to build it, There'll be a way to destroy it, Things are not all that out of control."
  5. "I was 16 he was 21, rode with us to Memphis, Papa would've shot him if he knew what he'd done."
  6. "Eyes, boring a way through me, paralyse, controlling completely now."
  7. "As graceful as glide, it's true, known far and wide."
  8. "Walking with a love with a love that's oh so fine, never to be mine, no matter how I try."
  9. "Him had a cravin' for somethin' of the sea. I told him I had chicken franks, I told him I had Charlie. Him smiled and said..."
  10. "I sure look pretty, Carson City, walking down the aisle."
  11. "We're all fugitives--look at the way we live; down here, I cannot sleep from fear, no I said which way do I turn?"
  12. "Kiss Kim Novak where the redwoods grow, I'll bleach her hair and pretend she didn't die."
  13. "He ate a crocodile. He gave his life for tourism."
  14. "Well, maybe I'll call or I'll write you a letter, now maybe we'll see on the Fourth of July. But I'm not too sure, and I'm not too proud."
  15. "She asked me to stay and she told me to sit anywhere, so I looked around and I noticed there wasn’t a chair."
  16. "There she goes again with fishnets on, and dreadlocks in her hair. She broke my heart, I wanna be sedated--all I wanted was to see her naked!"
  17. "He may feel all your charms. He might hold you in his arms, but I’m the one who let you in."
  18. "Dark and scary, ordinary, explanation, information, nice to know ya, paranoia, where's my mother, biofather."
  19. "You act like you're fourteen years old, everything you say is so obnoxious, funny, true and mean, I want to be your blowjob queen."
  20. "How I love the way you move and the sparkle in your eyes, there's a color deep inside me like a blue surburban sky."
  21. "My other loves will tell you that I'm nothing but a pleasure seeker and for once I really must agree."
  22. "Some people say this town don’t look good in snow. You don’t care, I know."
  23. "Cerebral rape and pillage in a village of his choice. Invisible man who can sing in a visible voice."
  24. "I've been searching and you've been gone, out looking for the shortest path to the one that you're on. And I've already seen all I wanna see."
  25. "Make sure to keep your hair spotless and clean. Wash it at least every two weeks--once every two weeks."

No comments: