Friday, July 11, 2003

I spent last night at Bill and Terri's because my dad in his infinite wisdom managed to get the electric shut off. I should say that Dad is the type of guy who--regardless of his momentary financial condition--doesn't believe in paying any bill until he's gotten the second past due notice. Sometimes this bites him in the ass, when he misses or forgets that late notice. The power company claims they put two notices on our door; we didn't get either, though it's entirely possible Dad actually did see them, put them aside, and forgot about them.

Now it appears that they might not turn it back on until Monday for weird technical reasons. I really needed a weekend without electricity as I try to do things like update my resumes, write some cover letters, and sort stuff for the move. Now I'll at least get some hours at work this weekend, since I'll have nothing better to do at home, and I might stay with Bill and Terri some more. I swear that if I ever get even moderately flush I'm going to owe those guys a car or something.

The Beallsvonian Captivity countdown is at 28 days and counting.

Update: The lights are on! Please disregard most of the above. Except the 28 days.

No comments: