Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Since I'm a temp in a law firm, several people had told me to see Haiku Tunnel which is (I suppose I gave this away) about a temp in a law firm. Now that I've seen it, rest assured that my life is almost but not entirely unlike "Josh Kornbluth" 's (and, presumably, Josh Kornbluth's). For instance, I have minimal supervision or contact with the people in the main area of the law firm, as they are 13 floors away from me. Also, I tend to get my work done without agonizing over each little bit. Finally, during the course of the movie, Kornbluth actually has sex.

As for the film, it's right in the 2.25 to 2.5 star range. It has its funny moments, but it drags in places even at a slim 88 minutes. This Onion AV club review pretty much hits the mark, except that I tend to like Jon Lovitz. Kornbluth is a poor man's Woody Allen or perhaps a destitute man's Spalding Gray. Some of the office culture stuff translated, but it's no Dilbert or Office Space.

1 comment:

WestBerkeleyFlats said...

Josh Kornbluth has a local show here on KQED. And lives about four blocks from here.