Thursday, July 17, 2003

My mother (yeah, that's the ticket) had Miss Congeniality on last night, and I plunked down in front of it for half an hour or so, specifically the first half hour. After the first five minutes, however, all I was thinking about was this credit:

Music Supervisor
Steve Schnur

Being the sports geek that I am, I couldn't stop thinking: That can't be the same Steve Schnur who quarterbacked Northwestern to its improbable Big Ten title and Rose Bowl in 1994, can it? But there can't be two Steve Schnurs of note, can there? I dithered between these two questions for the next half hour of the movie, probably in my sleep, and through my shower and commute this morning.
I finally tried some google searching and found little conclusive evidence either way until I found this resume for the musical Schnur. I am fairly confident that no one who quarterbacked a college team in the 1990s could've had anything to do with the Cocktail soundtrack. OK, maybe Chris Weinke, but the point still stands.

No comments: